Behind the Scenes of Let Why Lead

by Erica Layne on June 18, 2012

I always enjoy seeing other bloggers’ desks. Does anyone else feel like it just adds a new dimension to the woman you’ve gotten to know by reading her blog? I love that.

So . . .

Welcome to my favorite space in the house! My little desk is tucked in our family room, right beside the kitchen. Since most of my hobbies  are tied to the computer, this is one of the places in the world where I most feel myself.

The beautiful chest (which now stores our DVDs) is a hand-me-down from Ryan’s parents. I think maybe it was a garage sale find! I love how it looks under the desk. Behind the computer you’ll see my gray, HomeGoods organizer, which holds mail, stamps, a few pens and post-its, and a set of headphones. And of course, I’ve already introduced you to my inspiration board.

(Please excuse the missing knob on the drawer. Must get out my screwdriver!)

For the most part, it stays fairly clutter free, probably because I abhor most mail (aka bills), so I like to keep papers out of sight until I have to deal with them!

Do you have a designated desk area? Or do you work from a laptop on your sofa? I used to edit personal histories using the sofa/laptop combination for eight hours a day! That seems so crazy now! If you’ve ever blogged about your desk area, feel free to link it in the comments so I can come check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Angelica June 18, 2012 at 4:19 pm

This post kind of makes me laugh because my desk is incredibly cluttered right now (as it is most of the time). Notebooks, papers, folders, greeting cards, children’s books, general crap, dust…It’s not all my fault, but most of it is! Oh well…I’ll tackle that when we move next week (by throwing it all into a plastic bag). =)
Angelica recently posted..Some Things Take Time…My Profile

Erica {let why lead} June 18, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I should add that ours isn’t usually spotless – Right now it’s also holding a cereal bowl (mine), a sippy cup, a journal & a book, and a pair of earrings!

I love creative people whose desks are covered! You included!!! :)

Angelica June 18, 2012 at 6:22 pm

If you can “count” the clutter it doesn’t count! =P

Erica {let why lead} June 18, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Ha! Point taken!

Becky K June 18, 2012 at 4:32 pm

A few years ago, we invested in a nice L-shaped desk for my home office (which was bumped to the basement when baby #2 took over the upstairs office-turned-nursery). It is nowhere near as tidy as yours. Right now half of it is covered in my older daughter’s preschool projects and papers, which is on my list of to-do’s for the summer: “organize preschool binder.” Once that happens, I’ll be less cluttered again. How do you like your Mac? I’ve been thinking of making the switch to a MacBook Pro. I used to be an Apple girl until corporate work switched me to PC.
Becky K recently posted..When You Want What They HaveMy Profile

Erica {let why lead} June 18, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I was thinking as I was writing this post that I’m sure the paperwork will get much worse once my kids are in school. We do get the preschool artwork, but I just put my favorites in a file folder and throw the rest away. My mom was the read-it-enjoy-it-throw-it-out type of mother, so I’m a little in between. :)

I LOVE my mac! Take the plunge! You’ll be an Apple girl again in no time!

Alana @ Domestic Bliss Diaries June 18, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Love this post! Showing a “behind-the-scenes” look at a blogger’s home really does make it seem like we get to know that person on a deeper level. Your desk space looks so clean and well-organized. Thanks for sharing.
Alana @ Domestic Bliss Diaries recently posted..{Guest Post} House Dreaming: Home OfficeMy Profile

Kendall June 18, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Whoa, girl, your desk is crazy neat. I know our desk drives Josh completely nuts because it is so cluttered and messy! Perhaps a goal of mine one day will be to try and keep it clutter free. Love your space!

Courtenay June 18, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Yup. That looks just how I would picture your desk to look. :) I have two desks, neither of which I use! I have a little armchair in the living room that I sit in. Maybe if I actually can get one of the desks out of the garage and refinish it, I can be a desk girl again. I love the wood one you have! Simple and perfect!
Courtenay recently posted..A Sign for the DeckMy Profile

Connie J. June 18, 2012 at 8:10 pm

After we moved back to Las Vegas my mom decided to stop doing her candle business. In her building was this really nice and big custom desk my step dad made her. They didn’t have room for it anywhere so they ended up putting it in our house. We love it! I should take a picture of it so you can see it. We lucked out :)

Kristi June 18, 2012 at 10:05 pm

You’ve inspired me to go tidy my desk :) Love your space!
Kristi recently posted..Just had to share…My Profile

Tiffany June 18, 2012 at 11:36 pm

So pretty and neat! You nailed my “desk” with your last comment- it’s my couch. :)
Tiffany recently posted..The Art of Determination… it comes in all sizesMy Profile

Ashley Ditto June 20, 2012 at 3:36 pm

This is such an adorable space!!!
Ashley Ditto recently posted..A few little thoughts…before I go…My Profile