let why lead
Welcome to Let Why Lead, a place for the purposeful wife and mom. I’m Erica, and I'm passionate about living fully and filling my family with love and belonging. For regular reminders of the whys of your life, I hope you’ll keep coming back.
learn more

Would You Rather . . .

Have your house cleaned twice a month for a year . . .

Or spend four nights in a tropical location with a loved one but without your kids?

19 Comments

1. Oh, the cleaning! Hands down! ;). A tropical getaway would be nice but I’d much rather have cleaning help as I do NOT like to clean.
    Alana @ Domestic Bliss Diaries recently posted..Things I’m Afraid to Tell YouMy Profile

2. marcella says:

The housecleaning! Having my house clean 24 times v. 4 days of fun? Easy choice. Besides we could do something fun with all that new free time :-)
    marcella recently posted..Shopping AdventuresMy Profile

3. Alison says:

Vacation, for sure. Ethan is very good about helping me keep the house clean. But the housecleaning IS tempting. Four nights of solid rest and not worrying about anything but just the two of us sounds so much more worth it.

1. You lucked out with Ethan’s tidy ways! I agree – BOTH are tempting! I can never decide. :)

4. Becky K says:

Definitely the cleaning. With the time I’d save on scrubbing, we could have enough fun family outings in a year to almost equal a tropical vacation, anyway. And I’d be a much less grumpy mom. When my space is clean and organized, my brain works better – it’s how I’m wired! Great question!
    Becky K recently posted..The Beauty of a Naked Lion ChaseMy Profile

5. Leigh W. says:

Housecleaning, undoubtedly!

6. Karylle says:

Well for me.. I would love cleaning! Maybe I can have a great holiday with my husband together with my kids soon..
    Karylle recently posted..Sharepoint HostingMy Profile

7. normally I would say cleaning, but right now my marriage needs some focused attention. Our marriage might go through a revolutionary change if we had 4 days alone. A clean house cannot fix my marriage issues.
    Leah aka FFPMaMMa recently posted..Today is Perfect. What is your Perfect?My Profile

8. Sarah says:

Ooh….good question. Jon’s pretty good about helping with the cleaning, so I’d definitely have to take the vacation….clearly, since we already are! Can you get the best of both worlds and have the house cleaning AND a smaller, closer mini-vacation alone??? We’ll watch your kids. :)

1. You’re cute, Sarah. Thanks! I’m not really heavily weighing either, but do LOVE our overnight swaps. The boys are so excited for their “sleepover” with your kiddos tonight! Party!

9. Bridget says:

lol, housecleaning, definitely. Not so much because it’s cleaning, but I prefer a longer term benefit vs using it all up in one big bang.

10. Ashley Ditto says:

I’m taking the cleaning! If someone would just come clean, I would have so much more time that I could spend doing things with my loved ones! CLEANING FOR SURE!
    Ashley Ditto recently posted..Where I Come FromMy Profile

11. Kendall says:

VACATION! Maybe it’s this time in life (having a newborn dependent on me for life and all) that dictates my decision, but I would much rather have four days away without worrying about kids or who is babysitting them…etc. And cleaning isn’t so bad.

12. Jennie says:

Well, I’m not sure it’s fair since we don’t have kids to consider, but I would definitely go for the vacation. We are pretty tidy so our house never gets that bad. But what I wouldn’t give to get away for a while and not worry about anything! Though can we change the tropical to Alaska?
    Jennie recently posted..Big Plans for the BlogMy Profile

1. Of course you can change it to Alaska! Make it happen, girl! :)

13. Alaina says:

Well, I was going to say cleaning hands down, but reading other’s posts… eh, cleaning. I’d still go with cleaning. But mostly because I think both my kids are at a pretty easy age where we get predictable sleep and predictable nap times/quiet times, so I feel like we have plenty of time alone.
    Alaina recently posted..Elliot turns One!My Profile

14. Vacation! Even though I don’t love cleaning, it gives me time to think and plan things. It also gives me a sense of accomplishment when things are going crazy in our house!
    -Shelley

15. Erica, I’m new here, but have you read All the Money in the World? That is JUST the kind of question the author would pose!
    Anne @ Modern Mrs Darcy recently posted..My New Warehouse Store Is Changing My LIfeMy Profile

1. Thanks, Anne! I just looked it up and added it to my goodreads! I can’t wait to read it! Just from the description, I’m guessing that that is how my husband thinks. I’m glad he’s rubbing off on me. :)

Thanks so much for commenting!

Comments are closed.